Tolkiens Arda – Sveriges stora Tolkienforum

Välkommen till Sveriges stora Tolkienforum! Klicka här för att gå till förstasidan.
Aktuellt datum och tid: fre mar 29, 2024 7:32 am

Alla tidsangivelser är UTC + 1 timme

Ny tråd Svara på tråd  [ 1 inlägg ] 
Författare Meddelande
 Inläggsrubrik: 28. Galadriels spegel, uruk-haierna lämnar Isengård
InläggPostat: tor dec 18, 2003 6:49 pm 
Redaktionen

<The Fellowship is asleep. Shining with soft white light, a figure in a flowing dress walks by them. Frodo wakes up with a start as though by some invisible sign. Galadriel is there, gliding past Elven statues among the trees, frozen amid their merriment in the dark night; she looks neither to the right or left nor makes any apparent sign. Frodo proceeds to follow her as though beckoned.>

<Galadriel descends to her garden in a glade and fills a silver ewer with water from a trickling stream. She stands before an ornate stand with a shallow silver basin upon it. The Lady turns towards Frodo.>

<<Galadriel: Will you look into the mirror?>>

<<Frodo: What will I see?>>

<<Galadriel: <stepping up to the basin> Even the wisest cannot tell. For the mirror…shows many things…>>

<She begins to pour the water into the silver mirror.>

<<Galadriel: …things that were…things that are….and some things… <She empties the ewer and steps back> …that have not yet come to pass.>>

<Frodo steps up onto a low platform below the mirror to take a look. He peers down and sees nothing but his reflection. Then, suddenly, the mirror clears and shows a vision of Legolas, Merry and Pippin and Sam from the platform in the woods, recalling his feeling of guilt. Then, the vision changes. The Green Dragon Inn appears in the ripples, green and cheery as it ever had been. Suddenly, fires belch up, flaming from windows and doors. Orcs lash whips.>

<Frodo gasps, his eyes wide.>

<Beneath grey skies and dark hills shouldered with machinery and industry, a line of Hobbits is driven into a mill to work by slave-masterly Orcs. Then, the Eye of Sauron fills the mirror. The Ring hanging from Frodo’s neck pulls him closer to the water. Steam begins to curl up from the basin as Sauron speaks to Frodo in a dark tongue. The Ring hangs in the pit of blackness within the fires of the Eye. Terrified, Frodo grabs the Ring and jerks back, throwing himself off the step and landing on his back on the grass.>

<<Galadriel: I know what it is you saw, for it is also in my mind. <Her voice echoes in Frodo‘s head> It is what will come to pass if you should fail. The Fellowship is breaking: it is already begun. He will try to take the Ring. You know of whom I speak. One by one, it will destroy them all.>>

<<Frodo (silently): If you ask it of me, I will give you the One Ring.>>

<Opening his palm, he offers the Ring to her.>

<<Galadriel: You offer it to me freely. I do not deny that my heart has greatly desired this.>>

<She approaches Frodo and places her hand over the Ring, her hand quivering. Her image begins to change. Suddenly, she towers over Frodo, her cloak running ragged in a sudden wind, her eyes like dark hollows, arms flung high. She wears a breastplate; her hair billows around her. As though underwater, the glade becomes murky and green.>

<<Galadriel: In place of a Dark Lord, YOU WOULD HAVE A QUEEN! NOT DARK, BUT BEAUTIFUL AND TERRIBLE AS THE DAWN! TREACHEROUS AS THE SEA!

<Frodo backs away in fright>

<<Galadriel: STRONGER THAN THE FOUNDATIONS OF THE EARTH! ALL SHALL LOVE ME, AND DESPAIR!>>

<The great murky light fades abruptly and Galadriel lets her arms slowly fall, the pitilessness of her image disappearing. Breathing heavily, she speaks to a windblown Frodo.>

<<Galadriel: I pass the test! <with joy> I will diminish, and go into the West, and remain Galadriel.>>

<She begins to turn away>

<<Frodo: <troubled> I cannot do this alone.>>

<Galadriel turns back>

<<Galadriel: You are a Ring bearer, Frodo. To bear a Ring of power is to be alone.>>

<Galadriel lifts her hand up. A ring adorns her finger.>

<<Galadriel: This is Nenya, the Ring of Adamant, and I am its Keeper. <Frodo stares into her eyes> This task was appointed to you, and if you do not find a way, no one will.>>

<<Frodo: Then I know what I must do. It's just… I'm afraid to do it.>>

<Galadriel bends down to meet him at eye level>

<<Galadriel: Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.>>

<Orthanc rises through plumes of black smoke. Saruman and a great Orc stand in the rising sun in the inner chambers of Orthanc.>

<<Saruman: Do you know how the Orcs first came into being? They were Elves once, taken by the dark powers. Tortured and mutilated…

<The Orc growls.>

…a ruined and terrible form of life. And now...perfected: my fighting Uruk-Hai. Whom do you serve?>>

<<Orc: Saruman!>>

<The Uruk-Hai are fitted with armour and are given weapons. They receive white handprints on their heads and faces, signifying Saruman’s army. They then assemble before him in a great cavern beneath a high balcony.>

<<Saruman: <to the troops> Hunt them down! Do not stop until they are found. You do not know pain, you do not know fear. You will taste man-flesh!>>

<The Uruk-Hai raise their weapons, shaking them, with a roar. Saruman speaks to the Uruk-hai leader whom he spoke with in his chamber, as they stand on the balcony.>

<<Saruman: One of the Halflings carries something of great value. Bring them to me alive and unspoiled. Kill the others!>>

<An Uruk-Hai troop leaves Isengard in a long column.>

Profil Skicka e-post  

Visa inlägg nyare än:  Sortera efter  
Ny tråd Svara på tråd  [ 1 inlägg ] 

Alla tidsangivelser är UTC + 1 timme