Tolkiens Arda – Sveriges stora Tolkienforum

Välkommen till Sveriges stora Tolkienforum! Klicka här för att gå till förstasidan.
Aktuellt datum och tid: tor mar 28, 2024 9:46 am

Alla tidsangivelser är UTC + 1 timme

Ny tråd Svara på tråd  [ 1 inlägg ] 
Författare Meddelande
 Inläggsrubrik: 22. I Moria: Mithril, Gollum siktas
InläggPostat: tor dec 18, 2003 6:36 pm 
Redaktionen

<Gasps and heavy breathing echo in the inky blackness.>

<<Gandalf: We now have but one choice.>>

<Light appears from Gandalf’s staff. He knocks it on the floor and the light brightens, showing the startled and frightened faces of the Fellowship.>

<<Gandalf: We must face the long dark of Moria. Be on your guard. There are older and fouler things than Orcs, in the deep places of the world.>>

<The Fellowship carefully picks its way over the floor and up the broad steps. The silhouettes of skeletal remains and black-fletched arrows frame them as they move away by the light of Gandalf’s staff.>

<<Gandalf: Quietly now. It’s a four-day journey to the other side. Let us hope that our presence may go unnoticed.>>

<Time passes. The Fellowship enters a great cavern with a serpentine walkway running down through the middle. The path is rough-hewn and narrow, and rocky arches and boulder-like lumps appear in the half-light of the caverns.>

<Frodo’s eyes dart about him. A ladder hangs on his right. Crossing the path past a dark stony doorway, the Fellowship comes to a narrow, curving stair. Ladders and iron chains rise from a dark pit to their right. On their left, rock walls rise sheer. A chain swings slowly, clinking. The noise reverberates. The light of the wizard‘s staff moves beyond the chains, glinting like some pale will-o‘-the-wisp.>

<Gandalf rests his hand upon a rock with a dark, silvery veins running through it.>

<<Gandalf: The wealth of Moria was not in gold...or jewels...

<The wizard tilts his staff down towards the pit.>

…but Mithril.>>

<The lights illuminates the Fellowship’s faces, and they stare in awe at what is below them.>

<A vast, seemingly endless rock wall drops into the depths below. Row upon row of ladders and scaffolding, old and disused, disappear into the mining shafts below. Merry leans forward slightly to look closer. Pippin puts a warning hand in front of him. Frodo stares down until the light fades, the vision of a forgotten realm gone.>

<<Gandalf: Bilbo had a shirt of Mithril rings that Thorin gave him.>>

<<Gimli: Oh, that was a kingly gift.>>

<<Gandalf: Yes! I never told him, but its worth was greater than the value of the Shire.>>

<Frodo looks faintly surprised.>

<They then climb up steep steps on the side of a cavern with many rows of tombs, all silent, all quiet now. A vast graveyard. Pippin loses his footing and slips onto Merry.>

<<Merry: Pippin!>>

<The Fellowship climbs another flight of stairs to a crossroads in the mine: three portals loom before them. Gandalf holds out his staff. He glances from one to the other and back. His eyes slowly turn towards the left hand passage. He whispers.>

<<Gandalf: I have no memory of this place.>>

<The Fellowship rests beneath a peak of rough stone, while Gandalf tries to decide their course, sitting alone at the top. Aragorn sits beside Boromir.>

<<Aragorn: Hmm.>>

<The Hobbits whisper amongst themselves.>

<<Pippin: Are we lost?>>

<<Merry: No.>>

<<Pippin: I think we are.>>

<<Sam: Shhh! Gandalf’s thinking.>>

<<Pippin: Merry?>>

<<Merry: What?>>

<<Pippin: I’m hungry.>>

<Frodo looks down into the cavern and sees a small figure leaping from stone to stone. Startled, he walks over to where Gandalf is sitting.>

<<Frodo: There’s something down there!>>

<<Gandalf (without surprise): It’s Gollum.>>

<<Frodo: Gollum?>>

<<Gandalf: He’s been following us for three days.>>

<<Frodo: He escaped the dungeons of Barad-Dûr!>>

<<Gandalf: Escaped? <turns to Frodo> Or was set loose?>>

<<Gandalf (off screen): And now the Ring had drawn him here. He will never be rid of his need for it. He hates and loves the Ring, as he hates and loves himself.>>

<Dark, dirty fingers clasp a stone implement. From the distance below, Gollum looks up, his large, wet eyes piercing the darkness, observing the company.>

<<Gandalf: Sméagol's life is a sad story. Yes, Sméagol he was once called. Before the Ring found him...before it drove him mad.>>

<<Frodo: It’s a pity Bilbo didn’t kill him when he had the chance!>>

<<Gandalf: <glancing sharply at Frodo> Pity? It was pity that stayed Bilbo’s hand. Many that live deserve death, and some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo?>>

<Frodo looks down, silently.>

<<Gandalf: Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise can not see all ends. My heart tells me that Gollum has some part to play yet, for good or ill…>>

<Gollum pulls back into the darkness, wrinkling his nose.>

<<Gollum: Golllllluum…>>

<<Gandalf: …before this is over.>>

<Gollum slinks off.>

<<Gandalf: The pity of Bilbo may rule the fate of many.>>

<Frodo sits down next to Gandalf.>

<<Frodo (sorrowfully): I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.>>

<The old wizard leans near in a grandfatherly manner.>

<<Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring, in which case you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought.>>

<<Gandalf: <looks suddenly towards one of the doorways> Oh! It’s that way.>>

<<Merry: <getting up> He’s remembered!>>

<The Fellowship starts down a dark stairway. Gandalf puts on his hat.>

<<Gandalf: No, but the air doesn’t smell so foul down here.>>

<The wizard rests a hand on Merry’s shoulder.>

<<Gandalf: If in doubt, Meriadoc, always follow your nose.>>

<The old wizard leans upon his walking stick, breathing heavily.>

Profil Skicka e-post  

Visa inlägg nyare än:  Sortera efter  
Ny tråd Svara på tråd  [ 1 inlägg ] 

Alla tidsangivelser är UTC + 1 timme